SUPPORTING RESEARCH DOCUMENTS :
- “Impact of Fellowship Training on the Learning Curve for Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass” –
David Oliak, MD; Milton Owens, MD; Hans J. Schmidt, MD.
- “The Learning Curve Measured by Operating Times for Laparoscopic and Open Gastric Bypass: Roles of Surgeon’s Experience, Institutional Experience, Body Mass Index and Fellowship Training” –
Garth H. Ballantyne, MD; Douglas Ewing, MD; Rafael F. Capella, MD; Joseph F. Capella, MD; Dan Davis, DO;
Hans J. Schmidt, MD; Annette Wasielewski, RN, Richard J. Davies, MD.
- “Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass: Differences in Outcome between Attendings and Assistants of Different Training Backgrounds” – Gloria P. Hsu, BS; John M. Morton, MD, MPH, FACS; Li Jin, BS;
Bassem Y. Safadi, MD, FACS;Thomas S. Satterwhite, BS; Myriam J. Curet, MD, FACS.
- “Does establishing a bariatric surgery fellowship training program influence operative outcomes?” –
R. Gonzalez, L. G. Nelson, M. M. Murr
- “Minimally invasive surgery: The evolution of fellowship” – Adrian Park, MD, Stephen M. Kavic, MD,
Tommy H. Lee, MD, and B. Todd Heniford, MD, Baltimore, Md, and Charlotte, NC.
- “Impact of Bariatric Fellowship Training on Perioperative Outcomes for Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass in the First Year as Consultant Surgeon” – Sanjay Agrawal
- “Eliminating Learning Curve-Related Morbidity in Fast Track Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass” –
Thorbjorn Sommer, PhD, Jens Fromholt Larsen, MD, PhD, and Uffe Raundahl, MD.
- “Training Programs Influence in the Learning Curve of Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass for Morbid Obesity:
A Systematic Review” – Raquel Sánchez-Santos; Sergio Estévez; Catherine Tomé; Sonia González;
Antonia Brox; Raul Nicolás; Rosario Crego; Miguel Piñón; Carles Masdevall; Antonio Torres.
- “Minimally invasive surgery adoption into an established surgical practice: impact of a fellowship-trained colleague” – Edward P. Dominguez; Cory Barrat; Lynn Shaffer; Ryan Gruner; Donald Whisler; Philip Taylor.